Hey how do u know ponyboy was born in 1952?
I actually got the date from the Outsiders wiki, and there a few other sources floating around as well. I believe during the filming of the movie, SE Hinton wrote down all the boys’ birthdays for the actors (so they could know their characters better, I assume) and that’s where these dates have all come from.
"Just don’t forget that some of us watch the sunset too."
- Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed? my closet doesn’t have doors. i’m a fucking rebel i laugh in the face of danger
- Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? i used to but then i ran out of places to put them so not anymore but you know it’s cool cause i sort of have an addiction to stealing those tiny pencils from libraries and that just takes up a lot of my time
- Where is your next vacation? i don’t know :( i’m moving to vancouver for school so a vacation isn’t in the cards right now
- Who do you think reads these? the people who fill it out
- Do you have a calendar in your room? yeah it’s a beautiful spn calendar that my sister’s bf got me for christmas and i love it. july is a pic of jared padalecki circa 2005 wearing a polo shirt and i can’t
- What’s your plan for the day? its eight o’clock at night
- Are you reading any books right now? yep i’m reading the maze runner and also the instruction manual for my new graphics tablet. it’s terrible
- Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing? i admit nothing
- Do you chew your pens and pencils? nope
- What is your “Song of the Week”? this could kill me by amy stroup
- Is it okay for guys to wear pink? yes definitely
- Do you still watch cartoons? does bob’s burgers count
- What do you drink with dinner? water. wine or beer on weekends
- What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in? i’m vegan so chicken nuggets and i have parted ways. it just wasn’t working out y’know
- What is your favorite food/cuisine? japanese or thai
- What movie could you watch over and over and still love? well considering i went through a six-month long stint where i watched the outsiders almost every day i would have to say the outsiders
- When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? probably a year ago?
and i think it was to myself
- Can you change the oil on a car? i don’t have a car
- Best thing to eat for breakfast? anything with peanut butter tbh
- What is your usual bedtime? ten, ten thirty? i’m an old lady
- Are you lazy? no not really
- Afraid of heights? a little. it seems to get worse when i’m walking up stairs. don’t ask me why
- Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? veterinarian. arborist. a witch.i also wanted to be jim carrey for a period of time
- Hot tea or cold tea: either
- Tea or coffee? coffee
- Favorite kind of cookie? sugar cookies shaped liked christmas things omg
- Can you swim well? i can swim like a fucking fish
- Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose? yeah but i wasn’t aware there were people who couldn’t? that’s cool tho you do you
- Who do you want to see right now? my grandma
made a new outsiders edit bc it’s just an amazing book/movie ok okp.s. if you’re gonna use it, don’t ask me
I love how S.E. Hinton was coming up with a bunch of super creative names like Ponyboy, Sodapop, and Two-Bit, and then started running out of ideas and was just like
Elvis Presley at Fort Hesterly Armory, Tampa, Florida (July 31, 1955)
#WeNeedDiverseBooks summer reading series! If you liked The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton, try Monster by Walter Dean Myers because both are about boys caught in, and incriminated by, circumstances beyond their control.